217 E. Ludington Ave.
Ludington, MI 49431
The Ludington Public Library started with the Ludington Library Associationon April 9, 1872. On June 11, 1881, there was a major city fire and the library building burned to the ground, destroying all the library contents. Earnest interest to rebuild a new Ludington library was kept alive in the 1890s by a group of women that had an organization called the Pere Marquette Literary Club. They first made contact with Andrew Carnegie around 1903 concerning obtaining funds for the construction of a new library. In 1905 Ludington received one of the 53 grants given to Michigan communities from Andrew Carnegie for the construction of libraries.
New Year's Eve Party at the Library December 31, 2019 7:30-11:30 pm
Map and Directions
Note: Some map locations are approximate. Please call the venue at 231.843.8465 for exact directions.Get directions from: